1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was a bad play.

Looks to me like the team won, though.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep, they did. And so long as Grossman has time, he should pick the Saints' secondary apart because they are old and slow. But get pressure on Grossman and he folds every time.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hells bells, Dye and I agree on something. Time to check the temperature in Hell; I presume charred demon souls are skating.

I thought Grossman played very well on Sunday. Muhammad should have have made the catch on the interception. The ball only hit him in the pads.

I just think that the losses of Harris and Brown are going to be very tough to overcome, especially against an offense that is as varied as the Saints'.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ozzy, no disrespect meant, but which quarterback thrives under heavy pass-rush pressure?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Trust me, I know it's not reinventing the wheel here. It's elementary knowledge.

That said, some quarterbacks (Brady, Brees) do make good decisions under pressure and don't compound one mistake with another, which Grossman seems to do more often than not.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, he's never gotten outside the pocket and thrown it away to save the team from a sack.

He should learn from Trent Dilfer, Michael Vick, Drew Bledsoe, etc.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I guess that's why Grossman had one pick -- not his fault -- and a fumble despite numerous hurries and hits throughout the game.

Nothing like compounding one mistake with -- wait, he didn't make any others in the stat line except for incomplete passes.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Colts 31, Patriots 17: This is the right one for Manning. It's time, and the Patriots STILL aren't who they were.

Saints 24, Bears 17: If this was the Bears' defense of Week 3, turn that score around and then some. But the Saints have too many weapons for the Bears' losses not to be fatal. Marques Colston is going to go off.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

That had been true up until last week. The Bears couldn't pick up the blitz to save their lives, but Grossman weathered that pretty damn well. He may play like shit this time out, but given the pressure he was under and what everyone expected of him last week (which was absolutely nothing but turnovers), he had the best game of any QB over the weekend.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Grossman led the league in most performances with quarterback rating of less than 40 -- five in 16 games. Just saying.

Grossman can make some of the best passes in the league. That touchdown to Bernard Berrian and that third-down conversion to Rashied Davies were both amazing throws -- one with perfect touch and distance, the other with great zip. Grossman can be a good quarterback. Except sometimes he makes some miserable decisions under pressure. And rarely can he create a positive play when he scrambles.

I like Grossman, I've made a lot of excuses for him during the season. But he is what he is, and that won't change until next season.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Spoken like a true anti-Grossman bandwagon jumper.

He's made passes like the ones to Berrian and Davis several weeks this year.

And he's had a few games with a QB rating over 100 this season.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The most among NFL quarterbacks, if I heard the stat correctly. But with Grossman, he's either good or bad, there tends to be few gray performances with him. And with that defense, gray would almost always be enough to win.

Draft saved Draft deleted