1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. somewriter

somewriter Member

If memory serves, Rodney Harrison was hurt for the first time this year early in their game against the Colts - before which, the Colts had not done anything offensively; after which, the Colts won. Haven't gone back to research the details.

If the weather is OK in Chicago, just take the over and leave the sides alone. Like both these games to go over, really.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Rodney Harrison got hurt on a third-and-long pass play that went for 44 yards to Marvin Harrison.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Has any coach ever made the playoffs 5 straight years with the same team and never won a conference championship?
    Dungy has taken the Colts to the playoffs the previous 4 years. Prior to that, he took Tampa to the playoffs 3 straight years.
    That is a remarkable run for a coach, 7 straight years in the playoffs, but no Conference Championships wins.

That said,
    Pats over Colts 27-17

Saints over Bears 20-13

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why it would be a more impressive dynasty than Pittsburgh, SF, Dallas etc. A more impressive job by the GM & coach? Sure, but the dynasty includes the players, and this would be by far the weakest talent-wise, partially because like the Celtics & Lakers of the '80s, the Cowboys & 9ers were running almost simultaneously & had to beat out each other.

Marty?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Marty did make the playoffs 6 staright years (1990-95)and never won a conference championship. 6 in a row is his longest playoff streak.

Does this make Dungy an honorary Schotteneimer?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not if Dungy makes the Super Bowl this week when Marty's still never been there.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Mr. Rasputin: The old "Peyton's never won a big game" bullshit is unworthy of you. What, pray tell, were the Colts' last two games, exhibitions?
    Manning's post-season record is 5-6. Not so good, but by definition that's five big games he has indeed won.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Patriots 27, Colts 23
    Saints 14, Bears 10

9. da el g

da el g Member

Chicago 26 New Orleans 20

New England 30 Indy 27

btw I am 8-0 this postseason, kiss of death

10. My heart says Colts and Bears, but my head says Patriots and Saints.

11. Bears 20 Saints 16

Patriots 27 Colts 21

Last week I almost bet on the Chargers beating the Patriots. It seemed like the right choice except I didn't feel good about choosing someone who is historically bad in the playoffs over Bill Belichick and the Patriots. So I took the Patriots and won. I'm going with that instinct again this week. There is no way I can take Manning and Dungy in a big playoff game against the Patriots. Maybe next year.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

New England 17, Indianapolis 13

New Orleans 19, Chicago 10

New England 28, New Orleans 13

Draft saved Draft deleted