1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

The Saints' win over Dallas was in New Orleans, wasn't it?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No. Irving, Texas.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

The Superbowl will feature two teams that I know are going to be there.

PATRIOTS vs. SAINTS= PATRIOTS

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

big on the psychoanalysis, are we? Actually, the bears aspect is well thought out and scares that daylights out of me.

dome team on the road is probably risky as hell.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's too bad for the Pats that Rodney Harrison probably won't be playing again. In the games the Pats have won against Indy the past 5 years, Harrison has been a major key. The Pats know how to play Indy better than any team does, and there isn't much the Colts can do about it. The Pats will get very physical early and get into Manning and the receiver's heads. Rodney Harrison is usually a big part of that, so he'll be missed. They'll risk flags for some late hits on Manning early in the game--even though they almost always get away with it--as long as they hit him hard under the chin a bunch of times. Manning gets gun shy against them. In nearly every game, Rodney Harrison and the corners make sure Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, et al, see the ground early and often. I think I realized just how tough Marvin Harrison is in the 2004 divisional playoff game, in which the Pats kicked the shit out of him worse than I have ever seen a receiver get beaten for 60 minutes and keep getting up.

I like the Pats in this game, even without Rodney Harrison. Their defense will still soften up Indy and I think their offense can move the ball on that defense. They'll be able to run at will--even now that Bob Sanders is back--especially if they use those short sideline outs and then a lot of play-action, to stretch the defense and open things up for the run.

NE 34 Indy 21

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pats and Saints.

Signed,
    The Guy Who Got One Game Right Last Weekend

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All scenarios are possible, but the notion the Pats will "run all over" the Colts lacks supporting evidence. They didn't in the regular season when the Colts were surrendering massive hunks of ground yardage. A team that's shut down Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis back to back should get the benefit of the doubt here.
    I am leaning strongly towards the Saints. They have a superior offense, and their main weakness, defending the deep ball, should be mitigated by Chicago's relative reluctance to let Grossman throw any.
    Against either Brady or Manning in the Super Bowl, New Orleans will give up 34 points minimum. That's if Brady or Manning struggle as they did last week.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Going with the Colts to blow out the Pats – that right I said to bvlow them out. They will be in Indy, out of the elements and I think this is the game where Manning finally makes his post season statement. Although it really is hard to bet against Brady. I like the Colts to blow them out, because if it's within 10 in the fourth Q I think Brady finds a way to win again.

Bears will beat the Saints, although it will be close. The weather could be the biggest factor in slowing Duece, Bush and Breese. They have played one cold weather game this season and although they did win 30-7, it was against a Giants team that was trying to find every conceivable way to piss away their season. Bush has never played in this kind of weather this late in the season and neither has Deuce I don't believe. If Da Bears D has another game like they did on Sunday they could keep the Saints to 14 or less which would give Grossman – who is riding a high after a solid game (would have been better if not for the interception which hit his receiver in the chest, deflected up into the air and was picked off by some guy who was an accountant 10 days before) – a chance to repeat his performance against Seattle. Take the Bears and the points.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Saints 23, Bears 20
    Colts 45, Patriots 10

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Patriots haven't lost by 30 points since 2002.

I don't think it's going to happen this weekend.

11. aspiring

aspiring Member

Ditto

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I guess we're posting them here.

- Indy-27 NE-17

- NO-34 Chi-30 for the right to be this year's version of the Chris Chandler Falcons / Stan Humphries Chargers with a better story.

- Indy-37 NO-20

Draft saved Draft deleted