1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saints/Bears and Colts/Patriots with spreads (your picks)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

It was fun last week, why not do it again?

Bears opened up at -3, and if you didn't get them, sucks to be you. It's down to -2.5. (well, in some places ... the place i use still has Saints +3).

Colts opened at -3, and as far as i can tell, it's still there.

Any thoughts?

Can you bet against Brady?
    Manning lost last year at home to Pittsburgh and NE is almost as hot now as Pittsburgh was then.

I like Sean Payton in the coaching matchup against Lovie, and seeing as the Saints already won at Dallas, why can't they win in Chicago? Bears did nothing to impress me vs. Seattle.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

New Orleans over Chicago 31-17
    Indy over New England 24-21 on a Vinatiera field goal.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

Chicago ends the dream 21-17, and I gotta agree with Angola, Indy wins, but by 10 or more.I'll say 31-12.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Saints and Colts.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

What he said.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No question I'm taking the Saints, hell to win outright.

I can see Vinateiri booting one through to win it. Oh how I would love to see the look on the hooded sweatshirt if that happened. I won't touch that spread though.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Colts win but everyone finds a way to degrade Manning.

Saints-Bears canceled due to lack of interest.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Saints are down to +1 at some offshore joints. That's not enough value for me if I'm betting it.

Take the Colts -3. If you put all the media storylines aside and just take players vs. players, the Colts are the better pick.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

At least one road team has won a conference title game every year since the 1997 season and the home team is 18-14 (8-8 in the AFC, 10-6 in the NFC) since 1990.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Bears & Colts.

Saints winning only provides more proof that NFL games are still fixed.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Fixed? Huh?

Milehigh, where'd you get the stats. Thanks for those.

Was hearing that Saints were getting lots of early money, I just plunked a crisp bill on them at +3. Would have been pissed if it went to +2.5.

Surprised this many people are going against brady. The man is 12-1 in the postseason, and Belichick owns Manning.

12. A_F, the Colts have actually owned New England in the last two regular seasons. The tide has turned - I think the thought is that Manning has overcome that psychological hurdle. Plus, do you really expect him to play three bad games in a row?

Chicago will beat the Saints. The big game for the Bears - their psychological hurdle - was winning that first playoff game. I wouldn't be shocked to see them blow out New Orleans, I really wouldn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted