1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAG Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 27, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Red Carpet is one now and the awards start in 30 minutes. I'm anxious to see how having writers helps the awards since no other award shows have them.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Um, all the awards shows have writers. That's why there was no Golden Globe ceremony this year. They couldn't reach an agreement with the writers.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She's saying (I'm assuming) that this year, none of them did, except the SAG Awards.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I should have clarified that I meant this year. I know they all have writers normally. I'm not stupid, thanks.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well then I guess the answer would be: having writers helps them by allowing the award broadcast to actually happen.

Or am I missing something?

6. sportschick

Yea, I don't get what you were trying to say in your first post, given that the shows that didn't reach an agreement with the writers aren't happening.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's not just having an awards show. I mean, there was a shortened version of the Oscars. But consistently tonight, I've heard everyone say they just want to get back to work. So I wonder how much of that will be talked about during the actual awards.

And they're happening in a much different than normal form. No announcement has been made about the Emmy's either, unless I missed something in the last two days.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm not watching it. That's why I wasn't sure what you meant.

Everyone does want to get back to work, I'm sure...I just hope they don't fold. Because they need to get something back for their work. I know that's not the point you were making, but I wanted to say it anyway.

9. sportschick

There hasn't been a shortened version of the Oscars. They're not scheduled until next month.

The Globes were announced in a press conference, if that's what you're referring to.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I agree. I just hope these deals they're making on the sides aren't going to screw them in the long run with the negotiations.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You're right. I was talking about the Globes.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Three awards given and three wins for The Sopranos.

Draft saved Draft deleted