1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAG Awards thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jan 25, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nobody watching this? We've had it on in the office throughout.

Another 30 Rock sploogefest. Although I was quite happy to see "Mad Men" win for best drama cast.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know only that Guiliana Rancic was wearing her PJs, least according my dad.

Also, Angelina was wearing another tent, although at least this one was a pretty color.

Kate Winslett looked magnificent, although I think Holly Hunter had the best dress of the night. Not as well put together as Kate though.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Ms. Sarandon rated highly in A-OOOOO-GA factor.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Jolie looked positively matronly.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

We were just saying in here that we're getting tired of seeing Jolie about 20 years earlier than we should. Serious over-exposure.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Comes with being half of the biggest couple in the business. She's not got any projects lined up currently, so you may not see her at all next year.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

So ... The Reader ... watch it or no? How about Doubt? Anyone?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Doubt was a very pedestrian flick. I found myself not caring about any of the characters or what had really happened. I had the feeling someone who was taught by nuns or might enjoy it more than I did. I wouldn't recommend rushing out to see it.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Doubt was a Denny Green movie. It was what we thought it was.

Streep was going to play that the way she did ... and so was Hoffman ... and so was Amy Adams.

The genius of the movie, in other words, was in its casting rather than its acting. If that makes sense.

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Thanks, guys. Given my Catholic upbringing, I'm intrigued by it.

Now back to dresses ... love Laura Linney. Hate that colour on her.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was so underwhelmed. I hated nearly everything I saw on the Access Hollywood slideshow.

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Let 'em know you're there.

I remember a time not so long ago when I was too young to recognize any of the dead actors. Now I identify too many of them with moments in my life.

Egads, growing old sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted