1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddest sitcom moments

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 15, 2006.

?

What was the saddest moment in sitcom history?

1. Dog dies after waiting forever for his owner: Futurama

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Sandy dies after DUI accident: Growing Pains

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Nick's dog dies: Family Ties

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Alex Keaton's friend dies: Family Ties

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Henry's plane crashes: MASH

38 vote(s)
    56.7%
  6. Coach admits he knew his dying player was on roids: Coach

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Will gets shot: Fresh Prince

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Boner joins the Army: Growing Pains

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  9. None of the above (list your choice; will add options if necessary)

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

No offense, gang, but anyone who had a truly sad sitcom moment needs intense therapy as soon as possible....although I already know there is no hope for the originator of this thread.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

Didn't Bob Uecker's daughter get raped in Mr. Belvedere?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The episode of My Two Days when the DNA test confirms neither of them are the father, and it's actually Dick Butkus who knocked up the mom. I cried on that one.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The All in the Family episode where Mike and Glorida leave for California and Archie ends up crying at the end after he and the Meathead say their goodbyes always chokes me up.

5. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Sandy is dead? Dope!

6. The first moment I heard:
    "New from ABC -- Two And A Half Men."

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not sure, Freelance.

He probably banged Vinnie Delpino instead. Those guys were a little too close.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I remember feeling sad when 'The Chief' died on "Gimme a Break". Probably because he had died in real life and they had this note at the beginning of the show about it. As a kid, I wasn't used to that.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember that. I wonder what ever happened to Kari Michaelson, who played the blonde daughter on that show...

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Same with when Jack Soo of Barney Miller died. They did a great tribute show to hm that was very, very funny.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

As a total Wonder Years fanatic growing up, let's see how well I can recall the whole story...

Kevin followed Winnie to some country club/summer camp where she was working as a lifeguard, only to find her with another guy, sending Kevin over the edge. The two begin fighting through the rest of the episode. Both head for home and somehow end up getting a ride home in the same car from a married couple they don't know. Kevin and Winnie start fighting so much in the car, the married couple kick them out of the car in the middle of nowhere.

There's a huge thunderstorm that night and they take shelter in a barn. One thing leads to another in there, and they end up finally hooking up. They return home the next day just in time to join Kevin's family at a Fourth of July parade.

During the parade, we learn Kevin and Winnie do NOT end up together, as instead, he would later go to an airport to welcome her back from Paris (and he was joined by his wife and kids). Kevin's dad dies two years after the final episode, and Kevin's mom goes into business.

The really interesting thing about that episode was that the during the filming, the cast didn't even know it was the finale. They tacked on the voiceover speech about what happened in later years after the fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted