1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddam sentenced to death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall hearing in '99-00 that Bush had never traveled outside the country before, on his own free will.

I believe he's been out of the country now, since he's been president, on official matters.

But maybe your point is moot because he doesn't care enough about the rest of the world to want to see it. I don't know.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Try 57,000 American servicemen, hondo.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Saddam is sentenced to death by chichi. [/theshield]

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If it means that much to some of you, perhaps the next President Clinton will pardon Saddam.

5. No, they were killed by Hussein or the insurgency. Unless all the WWII dead were killed by FDR.

6. I guess it's true: You can't fix stupid.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Excuse me, douchebag, but exactly what harm or threat did Saddam Hussein pose to the US when the Fucking Idiot in Chief decided toinvade Iraq and overthrown the government while allowing the perpetrator of the Sept. 11 attacks to get away in Afghanistan/Pakistan?

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, Saddam did say he wanted to kill Dubya's daddy. Of course, he didn't have the capabilities to do so...

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You know how it is: Yesterday's ally can be today's enemy and vice versa.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, plus the Reagan-Bush-Cheney-Bush-Rumsfeld fraternity tends to fuck up a lot, too.

11. Boy, here's some stupid.
    "Bush Administration"=FDR, individually.
    Nobody has died in Iraq that wasn't killed by The Other Guys.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So, when the bastard's hung, can we leave Iraq?
    What is victory?
    If leaving is losing, by extension the war can never end.
    Why bother with these arguments? Whatever we could accomplish in Iraq, we did. If it is possible, which I doubt, to prevent the place from becoming a nightmare Hobbesian slaughterhouse, Iraqis will do it, not us. We're not spending any more money on reconstruction. We're basically on-call cops in massive station houses. We're training Iraqis who wind up fighting us.
    America's ability to influence events in Iraq is over. All we can do there is die.
    I'm very tolerant of the political opinions of others, but when people ask others to fight and die just so they feel safer going to the mall-that's evil. That's evil for which this nation will one day be called to account.

Draft saved Draft deleted