1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddam sentenced to death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 5, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

BYH has confirmed Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Interesting timing, yes? Maybe a little boost for the Republicans 48 hours before the election, yes? Nice little assist? [/Baby Stewie voice]

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh bullshit! I just saw it on the wir ... I mean I was about to confirm it!

Won't mean shit to the election.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hope you're right Bubs. But this is a nice coup for the Republicans two days before the election, wouldn;t you agree?

Waiting for the "dumb douche libby makes up conspiracy theories" from the knuckle draggers come morning.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the ship has sailed on any bump the GOP would get from this.

Reality in Iraq today will be much more powerful on Election Day than pre-Mission Accomplished Iraq. This is like the later Nurmberg Trials, after the big-time Nazis were convicted, world events made them an afterthought.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I bet Bin Laden gets caught tomorrow.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Saddam was captured 1,065 days ago (give or take 3 or 4, I don't feel like figuring it out on paper). At any time between then and now, Shrubby, or Palpacheney or whoever is giving the orders, can just say the word, a helpful man slips into the prison, plants an ice pick in Saddam's neck, and a lot of the drama is over.

Stupid fuckers can't even get THAT right. ::) ::)

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tony Snow, the bot Karl Rove programmed in Fortran, thinks the conspiracy theorists are nuts. Shocking, I know.

I remember the morning Saddam was caught. It was snowing like hell in Philly.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Won't help 'em.

They won't need any help. /Michael Savage

9. Math being hard, I'd like to point out that Saddam was convicted of war crimes that he committed in 1982, which was a year before Donald Rumsfeld flew to Iraq to shake his hand.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nothing that has anything to do with Iraq helps the GOP now. Saddam sentenced to death causes any remaining undecided voters to think "wouldn't it have been cheaper, easier, and better to let the no-good SOB die of old age?"
    If the administration hadn't hyped every development in Iraq as proof we'd turned the corner, they'd be cruising to election victory today. Every time they say, "now we're winning" people ask "can can go home then?".
    The election, which I am increasingly convinced will allow the Republicans to hang onto control, will not impact Iraq much in any case. The next step in the catastrophe is when our position becomes militarily untenable, that is, when the Shia kick our asses out.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Saddam is sentenced to hang by the neck until he is dead, dead, dead.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, it will IF the Iraqis start rioting and worse in the next 48 hours. Dems will remind voters who started this....

Draft saved Draft deleted