1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saddam hanged

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 29, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

It didn't work on the other thread, either.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Why didn't they just take the guy hunting with Cheney?

In fact, I bet a guy could earn a fortune if he opened a hunting lodge where Saddam and all the Guantanamo men roamed through the forest. You could set up a points system. Or hey, maybe you could throw in all of the 52 Iraqi card people and turn it into a new type of poker.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

We interrupt this inane celebration of the insignificant execution of an evil but long inconsequential deposed distator for a reality check:

The US military death toll in Iraq hit 3,000 on Sunday. From Oct. 1 through Dec. 31, more US troops were killed than in any three-month period since we invaded Iraq, including 111 in the month of December, the third highest single month toll.

Violence in Iraq is at an all-time high, according to a Pentagon report released last month.
    If the conflict continues into March, the Iraq war will be the third longest in American history, ranked behind the Vietnam War and the American Revolution.

Happy New Year.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Thanks for that, sp, nothing like some cold, hard, shameful facts to take the fun out of a hangin'

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We interrupt this inane celebration by an evil and long inconsequential poster for a reality check:

Soldiers die during wars.

Carry on.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Certainly not the person I expected to come up with this. Did it really seem like spnited was trying to suggest we should have fewer losses in a war? Because to me, I think the point was that there isn't much to celebrate when we're still involved in this thing, particularly when it's costing so many lives.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Spnited is an old fool but this time around he makes a valid point. What is going on now is less of a "war" and more a riot. The initial battle plan was obvioulsy well thought out and excecuted. What is happening now is not.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Let's see:

Is there an insurrection in Iraq? Yes.

Is there a raging civil war in Iraq? Yes.

Are we, as a nation, suffering from crippling debt? Yes.

Are our soldiers getting killed off at an unconscionable rate? Yes.

Is there a time-table to get out of Iraq? Doesn't look like it.

What did hanging Saddam accomplish? Dubya did something his daddy couldn't do.

9. three_bags_full

Just more political BS from the same crowd.

*Now where's that broken record?*

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Why do you bother then? You clearly haven't been able to stop, or dissuade them (us?).

11. three_bags_full

I guess you're right, Mert. It's just really old, IMO.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're right, it is getting old. On both sides.

People should quit typing and start copying and pasting posts from previous threads. It'd save a bunch of time, because nothing new is being said by either the lefties or righties.

Draft saved Draft deleted