1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad Twist On Missing Kid Story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Sep 9, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

With Nancy Grace latching onto it, this story is going to become a nationwide news phenomenon soon.

The mom who reported her kid being taken from his bedroom apparently committed suicide. I assume the media is swarming in right now. There was a custody battle over the kid, but the father seemed to check out with police. Mom refused to take a polygraph.

I sort of assumed that the kid had been stashed. Now I'm not so sure. I have a feeling this one isn't going to turn out well. I'm praying that this kid's mom didn't kill him. If so, fuck.

Anyway, here's the link to a story that will probably turn your stomach as much as it's turning mine. Sorry for the downer, but I'm just bummed about this. Too close to home and all.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/orl-bk-toddler090806,0,5922474.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That can not be good in any way, shape or form.

I was in cincinnati for work a couple of weeks ago when they had a missing kid story there turn out with a horrible outcome. Seems the white trash foster parents left him restrained and locked in a closet and went away for the weekend to attend a family reunion. They returned to find the kid dead (it had gotten into the mid-90s while they were gone) and days later reported him abducted in a park. Meanwhile the foster father took the body to some remote location and tried to burn it in the fireplace of an abandoned house somewhere else.

The chair would be too good for those losers, and if the mother in Orlando did something to her kid, suicide is too good for her.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

The Leesburg paper has an interesting timeline:

http://www.dailycommercial.com/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=162&ArticleID=17656

Notice that the lady who committed suicide was also an arson suspect in a fire that destroyed her estranged husband's company. Actually, I think it was his mom's business, to be precise.

Amazingly, they married after that incident and several others.

I'll withhold judgment and refrain from calling her nasty things, but it would have been nice if mommy had left a fucking note. I'm just sick and tired of these damned stories. Every time I look at that adorable kid's photo, I want to vomit. No wonder nobody reads the damned paper these days. Who could go on with their day?

Draft saved Draft deleted