1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad time for the Tar Heels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NightOwl, Mar 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Tried as an adult.
    Seek the death penalty.

Anything less is unacceptable.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Me too, but Mike Nifong is already in enough trouble. ...

Seriously, we can only hope that justice is swift and accurate.

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Member

The myspace page of one Lawrence Alvin Lovett Jr. Looks like he logged in on Sunday.

www.myspace.com/lil_daddy_la

4. I saw that after they released his name two days ago. If you do a little digging on there, you'll find that there are some comments from a pregnant girl who appears to be having his child.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He says he doesn't drink or smoke. I'd prefer that over allegedly killing or allegedly helping to kill.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Can't seek the death penalty for a 17-year-old.

Even if you could, you couldn't get it in Orange County (where Chapel Hill is) and probably wouldn't get it in Durham County. Of 166 prisoners on Death Row in North Carolina, the two counties combine for one inmate -- an extremely gruesome killing in Durham 15 years ago.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think killing two college students on separate occasions for nothing more than greed might match that killing of 15 years ago.

Personally, I'd be happy with life in a maximum security prison with no chance of parole.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

One of the two guys charged had a probation hearing in Raleigh a couple of days before the murder. He likely was headed to jail. He was at the courtroom as was his lawyer. But the case file had been sent to a different courtroom, so his hearing was postponed until later this month.

So a clerical error contributed to this poor woman's death. Pathetic.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The warrants were unsealed in this case today. Apparently it was an even more repulsive crime than originally thought. Rather than a carjacking, she was apparently abducted from her home, forced to drive to the ATM, possibly sexually assaulted, then driven to a quiet neighborhood, shot by both guys and left in the street.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/27/carson.warrants/index.html

10. markvid

markvid Guest

No, the thing that contributed to her death are two motherfuckers that should have hot pokers up their asses once an hour for the rest of their piece of shit lives.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Anyone think it seems strange to mention that she was possibly sexually assaulted?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Strange to mention she was sexually assaulted, no. Possibly, yes. By now, they should have been able to determine whether or not she was.

Draft saved Draft deleted