1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sad days for ex Happy Days star

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

He means that at no point in time did none of us not see it not coming.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is that like misplacing only in a sentence?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Anyway. Joanie's dead, Fred.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's what I said.

5. jr/shotglass

Makes for quite a thread.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure both Sonic guys bump Flo from Progressive out of the top 3.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Can't say I've kept tabs on her, but JFC, a heroin overdose in an Indiana trailer park. That is some precipitous fall. RIP.

10. jr/shotglass

From the sounds of the story that began this thread, that fall began quite a long time ago.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Happy Days" was probably the most popular show on TV when I was a kid, and I watched along with all my friends, so it always saddens when someone from the show passes on, but I wasn't too surprised when I found out last night.
    The story that started this thread recounts her more recent history, but truth is I think she started going off the rails not too long after the show ended. I think it was sometime during the '90s, there were stories written about how she seemed a little off during interviews and staff. Also, there was the story about her being on Howard Stern and telling intimate details of her real-life affair with Scott Baio, and Baio actually calling Stern's control room during the interview and telling them to get her off the mic. IIRC, she also accused Henry Winkler of molesting her while they were in "Happy Days."
    After that, she apparently was able to smooth things over with her former co-stars and even had a couple of TV guest shots, but then she disappeared and I didn't hear about her again until the stories that kicked off this thread.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

There were some reports about accusations against Winkler. In the final episode, they have a scene together where he talks about how she is not Shortcake any more. Very awkward.

Draft saved Draft deleted