1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sacramento Kings moving franchise to the OC, CA.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportscentral, Mar 23, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MJ is even talking of taking back the Hornets nickname, now that NO is the Pelicans.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is that true? I have not heard that the $30M deposit is converted into a down payment. Are you making that up? I may be dense but hard time seeing that; I read that they price differential between the Hansen bid and the Sac bid incorporates the fact that the Maloofs get to keep the $30M even with no sale to Hansen's group.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to it officially. I was just saying it isn't like Hansen is getting nothing out of the deal. He's getting a team for Seattle out of the deal, it just won't be the Sacramento Kings.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that's a done deal.

The Pelicans are going to go with navy, gold, red and white (a fair approximation of the Bobcats' orange and blue) and I would expect the renamed Hornets will return to the Carolina Teal colors.

Since the "Bobcats" were basically former owner Bob Johnson naming the team after himself, I see no reason Jordan shoudn't change it.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just made up by the Canadian media. Last time I went we got tickets for 30 bucks which included a burger and a beer, that is basically giving a ticket away. Even better just by a case of bud light and get 2 free tickets.

http://twitter.com/gonordgo/status/339221225316446209/photo/1

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Hearing Kevin Calabro on ESPN Radio makes me miss the Sonics. That's all I got.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, he was good. Surprised he didn't move to Oklahoma City with the team, like Rod Hundley did with the Jazz.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

If I remember correctly he had a son or daughter that he didn't want to move. He was the best, I used to turn the sound down when the Sonics were on NBC (they had a nice run of games on NBC from 91-96) and listen to him.

FLYIN' CHICKENS IN A BARNYARD!

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can someone please change the woefully out-of-date subject line?

10. HanSenSE

BUMP!

Hansen unveiled as donor giving $100K to anti-arena effort after suit by watchdog group. Hansen apologizes.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/16/5657299/seattle-investor-chris-hansen.html

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck that. Don't apologize for a fuckin' thing.

Billionaires pour tons of money into groups pushing FOR tax-money funding for stadiums all the time (in fact most such groups are puppet organizations run out of the pockets of those very same billionaires). Goose, gander, etc etc.

Of course, Hansen is not opposed to the idea of arenas being built by tax money (he would love one for himself), he is opposed to THIS arena getting built by tax money.

12. HanSenSE

He impresses me as a playground bully: If I can't have your NBA team, you can't have a new arena.

Draft saved Draft deleted