1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sabathia breaks wrist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No excuse for the reporter or copy editor there, that's way too obvious a mistake to let slide.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oz --

What's the word on Zach Greinke?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He's a great candidate for Comeback POY, from all reports. He's going to break camp as the Royals' No. 3 starter, not by default, but because he's shown the stuff and the composure (for now) that the the Royals always thought he had.

In fact, Greinke said one of two big revelations came last year against the Twins.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16983667.htm

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

When I saw the thread title, I thought maybe C.C. had worn out his wrist jacking off while watching videos of himself jacking off.

And yes, let's tip our caps to the "other" Flying Dutchman.
    [​IMG]

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And perhaps Berman's best nickname, Be Home.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That line drive should have hit his hat and turned it around straight. Huge pet peeve of mine. Wear whatever you want off the field. Wear your hat straight on it. That and that equally stupid flat-bill thing piss me off so much.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

His manager ought to have the balls to take care of that.

I know my Legion ball coach would have. He'd have said you can wear your hat any way you want. Just not when you're playing for me.

8. Hammer Pants

How do you know that? Have you actually seen the X-Rays? Were you in the doctor's office?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is this old legion coach I met on one of my past stops. The guy was in his 70s and had the strongest, most crushing handshake I have ever experienced. Very old school. Nobody dared to wear a hat backward in his presence. He once set up a barber's chair next to the field and any player with hair too long got a trim right there.

Great guy, but man did I ever hate shaking his hand.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That was my coach. OK, probably not really, but if you've met one 70year-old Legion ball coach...

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

None of us have seen the X-rays or been in that doctor's office. However, those doctors did say there's no break ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/specials/spring_training/2007/03/28/bc.bba.indians.sabathia.ap/index.html

... Sabathia then was taken to a hospital for X-rays, which did not reveal any broken bones, the team said.

"Walking off the field I kind of knew it wasn't broken, but it's always good to find out it's not," he said.

12. Hammer Pants

Should have used the blue font. My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted