1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sabathia breaks wrist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 28, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's the only possible outcome anyone in Cleveland can expect after this:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2007/03/sabathia_leaves_game_after_bei.html

Sabathia leaves game after being hit by line drive
    Posted by Paul Hoynes March 28, 2007 13:32PM
    PAUL HOYNES
    Plain Dealer Reporter

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- Left-hander C.C. Sabathia, in what would have been his last start before pitching the season opener Monday against Chicago, left Wednesday's game against Toronto after getting struck just below the left wrist by Reed Johnson's line drive on the second pitch of the game.

The ball bounced off Sabathia to second base, but Josh Barfield couldn't make a play. Sabathia, in obvious pain, immediately left the mound after trainer Rick Jameyson and manager Eric Wedge visited him.

Sabathia lifted his glove in frustration as he walked down the right-field line toward the clubhouse accompanied by Jameyson. Sabathia was 1-1 with a 3.21 ERA in four spring-training starts before Wednesday.

The Indians announced that Sabathia suffered a left forearm contusion. He was taken to Winter Haven hospital for X-rays.

The Indians have already lost one starter to injury. Cliff Lee strained an abdominal muscle early in camp and will open the season on the disabled list. Fausto Carmona took Lee's spot in the rotation.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yikes. And they're already without Cliff Lee. Only Cleveland has this sort of luck.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

FUCK! (fantasybaseballlooser)

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sons.
    Of.
    Bitches.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You might say that again tonight when Sanjaya makes the cut.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, then I'll just start cutting myself. :D

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn, I don't want that to happen. Is it to late to take back all my Sanjaya votes from last night? ;)

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Nice headline, Cleveland looser.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good news for the Twins. ;)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

May the Yellow Bedwetters lose Matsuzaka and Papelbon in a bizarre locker room accident.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks for saving me the trouble, fmrsped.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I just meant that it hasn't been confirmed. ... But, and as I've said before, I'm not a Cleveland fanboy, this is typical "Only in Cleveland" bullcrap. Line drive off the hand? Must be broken; must be out for the season; woe is us.

In that regard, spnited, I agree with you that Clevelanders are unbearable.

But only in that regard; definitely not that this news doesn't matter or doesn't have implications all over the AL. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted