1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saban gets a little crabby with Shrub

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As it happens, Aquatic Mammals DE Jason Taylor also skipped the dinner. He said it conflicted with team meetings on the second day of training camp:

http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/feeds/ap/2006/07/31/ap2916949.html

More power to them.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have no solid numbers to back up this claim, as I'm sure no one else does either, but I'm willing to bet there's several people we never hear about who are unable to have dinner with the president. It gets a little old that we have to make such a refusal into a political issue, even if it does involve the Shrub.

3. Excellent point. Wonder why we hear about it this time?

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I just spent two late nights listening to old Saban stories at SEC Media Days. That he wouldn't break away from football time to eat with the president shouldn't surprise anyone. He's football first, everything else second.

That he did it to President Bush is just a happy coincidence. He'd have done the same to you, me and probably most of his family members.

5. Would you have dinner with Fidel Castro if you had the chance?

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A friend of mine who is a die-hard Dolphins fan thought Saban was right to do it because he's got a football season to prepare for while Bush (my friend is also a Republican) has more important things to do.

Good for Sabin is my opinion too.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Only if Fidel brings his colostomy bag.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Of course. Don't forget, Fidel loves the kids.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted