1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saban gets a little crabby with Shrub

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-saban063106,0,7906651.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Guy who has really important stuff to do, wants to have dinner with sports stars.

Guy who has less important stuff to do says he needs to concentrate at the job at hand.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Saban tells Bush to stick it

Little harsh on the hed, but an interesting perspective.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Guy who has really important stuff to do should quit indulging his childhood dream and get to work.

4. Yes, George, don't eat anything from now until the world is perfect, OK?

Saban can do what he wants, and it sounds like politics had nothing to do with this (thankfully). I couldn't stand Clinton, but if I had the chance to have dinner with him, I would have jumped all over it. You don't get to break bread with a president every day.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty far from being a Bush fan, but you can't fault the guy for having dinner. And with other people no less.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I didn't read Saban's quotes as getting crabby.

When I opened the link, I was hoping for an anti-Bush rant.

7. The president works for Saban -- and for you, and me -- so he shouldn't complain when the boss is too busy to eat.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

crabby=Joe's Crab Shack.

I make fun of Pube as much as the next guy, but c'mon, folks...

9. I don't think he was.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Presidency is a 60 seconds-of-60-minutes-of-24-hours-of-7-days-of-365-days-a-year job. The Presidency is the most full-time of all full-time jobs. NO TIME OFF. Got it? No. Time. Off.

As a Taxpayer and American Citizen, I am, in fact, his employer, so I am gonna start to act like one.

The President of the United States should, and in fact DOES, have a hell of a lot more pressing and urgent matters to attend to, rather than eating crab with a bunch of leatherhead football jocks. If his highly qualified and superbly efficient staff can't come up with a list, give me about 30 seconds, and I'll be happy to write it out for you.

Get the hell back to work.

Oh, by the way, GWB missing out on dinner with Nick Saban is no big loss for either party. Saban has all the personal warmth of a pirhana. ::) ::)

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Lyman, tell me what you "couldn't stand Clinton."
    The guy gave you welfare reform. He signed NAFTA. Under his watch, the stock market soared like it never has before or since; not saying he was responsibile, but he did not get in the way, certainly. What about him bothered conservatives? Is it that the sight of a guy who could be socially liberal and fiscally conservative scared the bejeezus out of you?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nah, Bill got a BJ and Lyman didn't. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted