1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S--t, shower and shave survey -- same routine for all guys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by goalmouth, Apr 10, 2008.

?

What's your morning routine?

1. Shit, shower and shave

32 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. Shave, shit and shower

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Shit, shave and shower

23 vote(s)
    35.4%
  4. Shower, shit, and shave

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Eats shits and leaves

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Shave after I shower.

The warm water loosens up my face and my whiskers. I leave my face wet, then slap the shaving creme on right away after getting out and shave.

Any other way leaves me with a brutally nicked-up face and neck.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I doubt there is a more horrible smell than turning on the shower a few moments after you bomb the harbor. That being said, I try to shit at different times than I shower and shave.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Exactly.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Before he got laid up with arthritis, my grandfather was into wood-working and used to make nice cedar bookshelves, headboards and the like for everyone in the family. He would inscribe personal messages on the back or the bottom of each one.

He made a clothes hamper for my older brother once and inscribed the following on the inside of the hinged top:

"A good morning shit makes the day go better."

I tend to agree.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I like to shave while in the shower. But I only shave maybe twice a week. Otherwise my neck would be ripped to fucking shreds.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

First I need a few cups of strong coffee, pinch off a loaf, shave and shower. I tgried shaving after I shower, but I never liked it. I do shave in the shower at times, very smooth.

And I don't know why anyone would shit after showering either. Kind of defeats the purpose of the shower.

How come there was no way to vote: nice warm bath with candles, small pooh and shave? Just askin'

7. Rumpleforeskin

Here comes a shark. GI Joe is swimming along. He's going down to see where the bubbles are coming from.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

The best reason for having a beard is that you really don't have to shave every day. It's a good idea to do the rest of that stuff every day, though, in whichever order.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I would laugh out loud at that but my kid is sleeping next to me on the couch.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And GI Joe got stuck! GI Joe got stuck under water!

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Going to the bathroom after showering is not only stupid, but a waste of a good shower. I wake up, and after eight or nine hours on SportsJournalists.com, I'm right in the bathroom. I sit down, say goodbye to the departed, then get in the shower. I clean house, then get out and brush my teeth and shave -- twice a week, just like Headbutt -- and always in that order. I'm a creature of habit.

And, if for some reason, nature calls before and after my shower, I am genuinely disappointed in myself. I'll call my best friend and tell him, "Well, I wasted a shower today." He knows what I mean, and he's also disappointed. Just like usual.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Then my mom walked win, with a gash above my forehead, my brother holding a piece of shit in his hand and a GI Joe stuck up my ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted