1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.J.com secret celebrity poster

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Montezuma's Revenge, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Strong evidence that Retief Goosen has been posting on numerous SportsJournalists.com television threads ...

Jan 28, 11:58 AM EST

Goosen eagles 18th, wins Qatar Masters

DOHA, Qatar (AP) -- Retief Goosen eagled the final hole Sunday to win the Qatar Masters, beating Nick O'Hern by a stroke for his first title in more than a year.

The South African birdied the 17th and closed with a 3-under-par 69 and finished at 15-under 273.

"It feels good to be the champion after such a long while," said Goosen, who has won 32 tournaments. "This win sets me up nicely for the rest of the season."

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I think he stole that from JDV.

3. Slanderer, whatever.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

First off, Retief Goosen isn't a celebrity.
    Secondly, does anyone know exactly the identity of Birdscribe? He could be Goosen and lets look at the facts.
    Bridscribe has something to do with golf ... Goosen has something to do with golf
    Birdscribe is on Jeopardy ... Maybe it was a Jeopardy for pro athletes
    Bridscribe indicates he lives in California ... Goosen lives in California
    Birdscribe has never said he wasn't Goosen ... Goosen has never said he wasn't Birdscribe.
    I say Birdscribe must be Goosen. The facts are all there.

5. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Folks, outing on this Web site is a big no-no. I'm going to PM the Moderator and let him know you're outing Birdscribe. Very uncool of all of you.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I tho9ught this was going to be about Mitch or Loopy.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I thought it was going to be a Good Doc Photoshop special.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Reteif is who we thought he was.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I didn't realize, "This win sets me up nicely for the rest of the season," was an inside joke at SportsJournalists.com.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Saying something "sets up nicely for the rest of the season" has become a running joke. Mostly used on TV threads.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Or Mr. Moneybags Wilbon.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RokSki hasn't commented on this thread? He's a celeb today for sure, but him posting comments isn't a secret anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted