1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

s.i. cover this week...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I'm with Mr. Homer on this one. Price is consistently outstanding and I enjoyed the story, but that last line was a wholly unexpected bow that didn't fit the rest of the package. Clang! Struck me as imposing a summation of great meaning on an otherwise clear, well-reported profile. If the writer really does his job, we don't even need him to state outright that last line -- we should already sense it.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I'm surprised that anyone could read that story and not come away with the sense that in addition to being a funny guy, Majerus has a very sad, lonely side to him. The whole point is that he has this dual nature. "There goes the happy coach, back in his element. There goes the saddest man you ever saw." Sums it up perfectly.

3. silentbob

silentbob Member

Agree that the last line was a little jarring. I had to go back and read it a couple times. I think it worked, but it might have needed to be set up a little better.

Draft saved Draft deleted