1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

s.i. cover this week...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

And here I was expecting Britney Spears.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If it is Pats-Pack, this will look precisely like the Brady cumfest Favre will have to endure to win.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Or Jessica Simpson.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's economic reality in the first quarter of the year. That's why they started doing the swimsuit issue, to have something special to sell when advertising interest is at its lowest.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

wouldn't photoshopping snow on favre's shoulder pads cross some sort of ethical line?

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I wouldn't normally take up the cudgels here, but the cover photographer, Simon Bruty, is a friend and colleague. So before this particular line of thought goes any farther, here's the original, from the SI Photo Gallery:

[​IMG]

Search for it yourselves by going to the SI Picture Gallery. Enter 'Bruty' and 'NFL' in the search window, and you should find it.

Snow sticks to stuff.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Any time you want to step up and withdraw your charge of photo doctoring, Jack, you go right ahead.

8. JackS

JackS Member

Huh, well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I just went to the gallery and that was the only photo I saw from the game (out of about 20 or so) where anyone had snow accumulated on the shoulder pads like that.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know what, I'd say "stranger things have happened" than SI photoshopping a cover photo, but in fact, they haven't, and it was a silly thing to speculate on. However it has changed over the years, there's no way SI would do that, and in fact, there's not even any point to it. It's a great photo, no matter what's on his shoulders.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

Coach Holmgren gently suggests you study some game film. Check the screen grab that opens the video. That shot recurs on a roll focus from 1:06 - 1:11. Snow. Shoulders.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80614559

11. I thought it might be a noose

12. JackS

JackS Member

Sure, but there's no real point to superimposing snow over the SI logo either.

Once you've manipulated one thing, it's not that much of a stretch to think other things might be manipulated too.

Draft saved Draft deleted