1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S. Harper: Dalai Lama "is not a call girl"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Brilliant!

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2007-12-21T152137Z_01_ARM155217_RTRUKOC_0_US-HARPER-DALAILAMA-odd.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsArt-L3-Oddly+Enough+NewsNews-4

When Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper tried to explain in a year-end interview why he'd met the Dalai Lama in his Ottawa office, it was clear he wanted to show respect for the exiled Tibetan leader.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite come out that way.

"I met the Dalai Lama in my office but I meet everyone in my office. I don't know why I would sneak off to a hotel room just to meet the Dalai Lama. You know, he's not a call girl," Harper told OMNI television.

He quickly added: "As I say, he's a respected international spiritual leader."
    Harper's chief spokeswoman did not respond to a query as to whether the prime minister regretted his choice of words in the interview, which took place on Tuesday but was embargoed until Thursday.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

His words may have come out wrong but gotta admire the guy's stones for flipping off the rest of the world by agreeing to meet the Dalai Lama.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

No harm, no foul. That's a good laugh for today. ;D

4. Nothing gets past Steve Harper.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I didn't need to leave the $20?

Draft saved Draft deleted