1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.C. deputy filmed slamming teen girl out of desk, dragging her away

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hulk Hogan-style.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

And my point all along has been that Plan B is not slamming the kid backwards in her desk and then tossing her across the room like a rag doll. The officer had other options.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That's fine. I already said I buy into your reasoning about starting with soft hands. It was only the part about not-enough-talking that I disputed.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's the thing. When a kid won't do what you want them to do, sometimes you don't have a choice other than involving the resource officer. But I don't see any way to justify that reaction to a kid sitting peacefully. There was no need to escalate it like that.

Also, I've seen three angles of the incident. Basically every kid on the other side of the classroom was filming.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did any film in landscape? Im sick of the vert video

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For all those ok with this level of force, I can only assume this how you would treat your petulant teenage daughters if they ever refuse to do what you ask.

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

True, although I would hope some time would be cut off when the administrator calls before going to the classroom. The administrator can always call the parent back and tell them not to come if they get the kid out of the classroom. Better yet, if the kid goes with the administrator, they can call the parent together.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And no one here has come within a mile of that argument. What has been argued -- at least by me -- is that AT SOME POINT along the path trod here, the application of force becomes likely. Even you, in suggesting that the officer didn't avail himself of other, less violent, methods, imply that there would have been a point at which this officer's actions would have been "objectively reasonable."

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This is a crock of shit.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Easy solution. Bring in a hefty dolly, slide it under the legs of her desk, lean it back, and then push that little troublemaker out to the front step of the school for mommy/daddy to come collect.

Next.

old_tony and Stoney like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, at least we know now that the officer isn't racist:

Draft saved Draft deleted