1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.C. Democratic Debate (CNN)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 21, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Since we're married, can I get a free pass, too? I can be your Secretary of Rex Grossman Appreciation.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ask people from the state of Tennessee how nationalized health care would work. The state has been ravaged by debt for years from TennCare, a Clintonian idea that ... well ... didn't work. And we're supposed to believe it would work on a national level because???

3. Hammer Pants

Yes. You will be husbanded on the list.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's how I feel. I don't think universal health care works in this country, but it should be far more affordable than it is now. Bureaucracy has infiltrated every government program. Why should I believe health care would be any different? Fairy tale policies aren't going to get my votes. Policies that can and will work will get my vote.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I can't believe I'm typing this.... ;D....I like orange as an accent color with brown. But I'm just an earthy-type of girl.

Anywho, I like the way the debate is going now with everyone sitting down and not taking pot shots. It's a lot more productive without the bickering.

Do politicians realize this?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Bill has a Dream"

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope, because it's the Hillary MO.
    Vote for me because I DESERVE IT, the others are scum and here's why.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Boom, you're letting your hatred of all things Clinton (and Lord knows I'm on your side) make you ram that down our throats.
    Ok, he fell asleep, he looks like an idiot - we get it - the first 30 times.

9. Hammer Pants

You just can't cheapen a valuable commodity and not expect people to abuse it. You just can't. There is plenty of greed on all sides of this issue — fuck the government, fuck greedy insurance people and fuck pretentious doctors — but under our current system, nationalized health care will not work. If we're going to attack it, attack the greedy fuckers on all sides.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow. Edwards just basically named McCain the GOP nominee. He also just said "Missou-rah." I think he just lost my wife's vote.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys pay for health care? About 23% of my gross pay goes to Blue Cross/Delta Dental/whoeverymyvisioncareis.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted