1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S.C. Democratic Debate (CNN)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 21, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's the feeling and the sentiment, Fen, I can only write what I hear when I talk to friends and family. Yeah, it takes a lot to call Lewis out, but not many are willing to step out to do it, for fear of a backlash. It can be call bullshit, but if he's not open to criticism in the black community, then no one black is allowed to voice their displeasure or opinion, unless it's a Republican. To point out, there are many who feel Lewis is coasting by reputation, not just me. He's not my representative and nor do I call him out directly, so I don't feel offended by your statement.

It's that they are disappointed that more could be done, without all of the hot air being blown. Secondly, they would prefer seeing new blood, but if there isn't anyone that is on the level and stature like Lewis, they'll keep electing them back to D.C..

I want to see new black leaders and some new ideas.

By the way, he isn't the only one who was brave either.

2. No, but he's the one who's in Congress and under discussion.
    And I admit to being far less than objective on the guy. He's the bravest man I've ever met.
    "Selling out" is the wrong thing, though. Past his time, maybe. Obsolete, even. But "selling out" is Bob Johnson, not this guy.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Maxine Waters 15 minutes expired about 30 seconds after she chaired some ridiculous hearings about the CIA selling crack in black neighborhoods based on a story from the San Jose Mercury News that was proven to be and admittedly 100 percent false and fabricated. Yeah, she's credible.

4. WTF does that mean, Boom?

Draft saved Draft deleted