1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

S-bomb costs kid state title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

So you're saying your eyes just opened in the last few weeks?

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe it's just the way I was raised. As I said, I can curse up a storm, but I'm consciously trying to cut down on the blue language.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Is that all?

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Ha. Not especially. I work for JRC.
    The whole situation, however, is just really stupid and those officials should lose their jobs.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Officials at state track meets suck in general. Like we don't know where to stand to avoid getting run over.

6. The problem with these big track meets, especially high school state meets, is that the kids now have to have a fashion meeting in order to compete. I was at a meet this year where a girls relay team was disqualified because one of the girls had a white sportsbra on and the other three had black.

I'm pretty sure that a high school athlete isn't going to want to take a survery of what kind of underwear his teammates are wearing in order to stop from being disqualified.

I understand the rules are there for a reason, but there also has to be logical interpretations of the rules and that's probably more important than the actual rule itself.

But what do I know. I'm just a small-town sportswriter.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It happened in the mid-to-late 1970s.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What are these pervert judges doing looking at the undies and sports bras of high school girls?

OK...now I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or serious. Somebody help me out here.

9. This is yet another example of our country in general going bonkers and losing its mind over things that, in the grand scheme of things, are trivial and irrelevant. Like Janet Jackson's nipple popping out for a split second.

Unless something is directed in anger toward another competitor, coach or official, I'm at a loss to understand why profanity is grounds to disqualify someone in competition. I can understand it if it was something like a racial slur or any other expression of bigotry, but damn, people, sometimes the "S" word is just the "S" word, know what I mean?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Track official is lucky he didn't get shish kabobbed messing with a javelin thrower like that.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

We no longer live in a G-rated world. It is R, at best. The Connecticut officials were being idiots. And not accepting her apology proves it.

If everybody else understood her feelings and that it just slipped out of her mouth, as the article says, then, if the official had had a brain, he should have let it go by.

But no.....further proving that the bastards who in charge like this official are winning.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ha! That always amused me.

Draft saved Draft deleted