1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kool-Aid, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tried watching halftime last night... couldn't do it.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Sergio's OK as long as he has a partner. I don't care who draws Robert Karlsson for singles, that player isn't losing any sleep Saturday night.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Seems to me they had the same attitude about their opponents last time up. And we know how that ended.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Ryder Cup was cool when you had gritty guys like Pavin (chipping in on 18) and Zinger (birdie out of sand on 18) but not so much now.

While that whole "pay me" thing was distasteful, I could join in ripping the players if all the money was going somewhere other than to the PGA so they could have more boondoggles.

The Euros have better teamwork. Those subpar overall records for Tiger, Phil, et al. are stained by the team events (foursomes, fourball) where if you have a crappy partner your record is going down no matter how well you play. Sergio has been a fantastic team player; some guys are just good team players, no different than the weekend high/low match.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Louisville's had enough wind of late, we don't need Boomer right now.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Zing! Well played indeed. Hurricane Chrissie.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nothing cool about Corey Pavin. Ever.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Call me crazy, but I kind of like the United States chances this time around, and I predicted we'd get destroyed two years ago. No Monty and no Darren Clarke, Faldo picks Ian Poulter which kind of pisses off a few of the Euros. Sergio's been at his gagging best this year.

Might look silly by Saturday (or even Friday afternoon) but I think, for some crazy reason, Stars and Stripes has got a shot.

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

You're crazy.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Euros won a lot of cups recently when no one thought they had a chance. Let's see how they deal with the pressure of being favorites. Can't go any worse than it did at the K Club, now can it?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Valhalla is gorgeous, and the site of the only major I ever saw Tiger win in person. And I wasn't even working! :D

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Greening a 4 wood from 230 out, after slicing your a 200 yd drive, on the 18th to an elevated green to ice the US Open at Shinnecock was pretty damn cool. (I did not say Pavin was cool, but watching him grind out low scores while others were bombing it 40 yds past was still cool).

Draft saved Draft deleted