1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kool-Aid, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

A month remains before Azinger makes his pick, but the lobbying has already begun:

www.woody4rydercup.com

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Azinger said today he's be happy taking the guys 10th-13th on the points list and since I believe Woody is ninth, sounds like he's got a good shot. If nothing else, he'd keep the team loose. Maybe that's what they need.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Write-in candidate: Rocco Mediate.
    If he can stand up to Tiger, think he can't stand up to Sergio?

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Not sure I want to see woody's putting stroke on the Ryder Cup team. it's god awful.

5. TwoGloves

You might have no choice.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Tiger is Tiger, but considering his less than stellar record as a Ryder Cup member, how do you think his absence will affect the team?

7. TwoGloves

I'm sure Mickelson will miss him.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I personally am looking forward to the Anthony Kim-Boo Weekley pairing.

9. TwoGloves

Looks like we might be in luck because the team the "Leader" is sending to Valhalla apparently doesn't include Berman. Thank God. I can only imagine some of the idiotic nicknames.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/09/look-at-espns-ryder-cup-coverage.html

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[​IMG]

Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I covered an area tournament today, and near the end, one of the rules officials asked me, "Are you going to Valhalla?'

"Well, this press credential doesn't get me that sort of access," I replied.

"So do you want me to call you with updates?"

I almost wrapped a gap-wedge around his friggin neck!

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I know I'll be called un-American for this but has the Ryder Cup become the most overhyped in sports?
    Have we become so insecure as a nation that we have to care if "we" beat "them" in a golf event that we didn't care about 20 years ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted