1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I used to play with a guy who always said, "Skirt too tight?"

Like it's OK to be a sexist pig on the golf course. I'm ashamed of myself.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You ever see LPGA players putt? They leave 90 percent of them short. It's not as sexist a comment as you might think.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One time many years ago when I was younger and stronger I was playing late in the afternoon by myself at a course in Florida where my parents live when a pair of women came behind me on the tee and suggested we play together. I said yes. One of them turned out to be Amy Alcott, Hall of Famer Amy Alcott to you. That pretty much cured me of any such remarks on the course, what with watching her bomb it past me on every hole.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

It used to be an okay event until people stupidly began barking that so-and-so "hates his country" because he's not a good Ryder Cup player. I didn't know losing a best-ball match was such a barometer of patriotism. Last one was somewhat fun if because it didn't look like the guys were making it such a life-or-death event. It's a silly little team thing to break up the monotony of the individual sport. Should be full of fun and trash talk

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

STOP

LEAVING

PUTTS

SHORT

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

A lot of very unexpected things have been happening. It looked like Tiger and Steve Stricker were the strongest team of Team USA until a very unexpected 6&5 loss. Their opponent, Lee Westwood, sure played really solid golf all week and I'm glad Westwood will overtake Phil as the #2 player in the world.

One thing that's becoming hard to believe is that the Europeans are slowly falling back after establishing so much ground yesterday afternoon. Within the last 5 minutes, watched Kaymer miss a 4-foot birdie putt, then both Hanson and Jimenez had 5-footer to win their hole, but each missed theirs.

Nice 15-foot birdie by McDowell, though, looks like him and Rory McIlroy are a very strong team. Also a very nice birdie on 17, but I found it surprising that McDowell made a VERY aggressive stroke that would've probably gone 5 feet past had it not gone in. Considering he only need to 2-putt from 20 feet to win.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When you leave your putts short, the terrorists win.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Mickelson caps a horrible team tournament. He's like 10-17-6 but only won two of his last 15 or 16 matches?

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is true.

I stand corrected.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You said it; He may have had a few great years. But, he makes the world think that he could have been a member of the big 3; Nicklaus, Miller, Player.

Everytime someone goes low in a US Open, I pray someone shoots 61 or 62, so Miller would shut up about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted