1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Watched the exciting foursome matches this morning. Who would have expected the US to be leading 6 - 4?

I was pretty sleepy for the start of the matches, so what was the story of the penalty one of the US teams had early ?

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Furyk hit the drive and Fowler had to take a drop. In this situation, he needed to drop and then play with the ball Furyk hit. But he pulled one out of his pocket, dropped that one and played. There are times when you can substitute a ball when taking a drop and times you can't, and in this instance Fowler got it wrong.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'd dress them in the most gaudy, obnoxious red, white and blue clothes I could find. That lavender is ridiculous.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It seems like Pavin has become a polarizing leader. I recall ever hearing so much about the Ryder Cup Captain

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Cruising through SJ and glancing at the TV early early early this morning, I couldn't tell which team was which. Americans don't wear lavender. Wait a minute, did Tiger change teams?

6. trifectarich

Rumor is, Pavin's ready to break out the aqua pants on Sunday for the U.S. The Euros will be laughing so hard, they'll be districted to the point that it'll set up a memorable Sunday charge for Uncle Sam.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This uniform stuff is obnoxious. Let the guys wear the same kind of stuff they wear every week, with Ryder Cup team logos in place of the corporate logos, plus matching hats. It's not rocket science yet every two years it's a disaster.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I want Overton to put the bucket hat back on.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This might change slightly after Tiger and Stricker lose Sunday morning to Donald and Westwood (four down at the turn) but with Tiger's two doubles victories, he's almost .500 for his career and is 7-5-1 in his last 13 Ryder Cup matches. Phil's two losses so far this week make him 1-9-3 in his last 13 Ryder Cup matches. Much as I hate to say this, Eldrick T. has been way better than Phil.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This is completely unacceptable. These jokers are supposed to be the best golfers in the world and they're getting their asses kicked. I could walk down to any local course and put together a team that couldn't lose any worse.

You've got the Stars & Stripes on your shirt. Play like it.

11. trifectarich

Anyone else a bit tired of a player making a good shot and then looking like Ochocinco after a TD?

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

No. That's what makes the Ryder Cup/match play great. Stroke play, you're playing the course. Match play, you truly are playing the other guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted