1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryder Cup: Faldo chooses Casey and Poulter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Aug 31, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Hard to argue with either pick but it's going to be weird seeing a Ryder Cup without Colin Montgomerie.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It's easy to argue against Poulter. No wins in 2007 or 2008, only two top-10s this year.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Fair enough. But I liked the way Poulter played down the stretch in the British Open and he's got a couple of top 20s in WGC events as well as at Colonial. Who do you pick instead? Clarke? I'm not sure about Clarke to be honest even if he did win last week. I guess I might have considered Montgomerie just because he plays so well in the Ryder Cup but Faldo obviously doesn't like the guy.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great picks, but how will they appeal to Hillary voters? (Sorry, I'm suffering Palin withdrawal).

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I would have picked Clarke, and maybe I'm making too much of it, but I think he would have brought a tremendous emotional boost to the Euros. But, like others, he also could have played better to the point where he would have been an automatic choice.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Colin's not going to play at Valhalla? Screw it then, I'm done looking for tix since I won't have anybody to heckle.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Mickelson's got bigger tits.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Not really right to heckle an American and a multiple major winner, especially if his wife is around.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He's not playing for my team.

10. nibs price

nibs price Member

Shit. There goes my Ryder Cup fantasy team.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's still got bigger tits.

Draft saved Draft deleted