1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ryan rips one-sentence paragraphs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Nov 22, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I whole-heartedly agree. (How many threadjacks can we have on this thread? :D)

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Bobby is a self-absorbed, self-righteous windbag. Have you ever watched the Sports Reporters. Him and Mike Lupica can just kiss my grits!

3. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

My mentor has terminal cancer. He is spending his final days traveling the world. Only a few people have his number. Ryan is one of them.

And Ryan was a dick before I even asked for the number. It was as if he thought it was beneath me to so much as ask about the guy although we were close enough (before he went abroad) that he came to visit me once at my first job out of college. This was 300 miles out of his way, and he had no other reason to be there than to see me. We were close, but things come up sometimes. You know, death and stuff.

Boom, the way you take stabs at how things work in this business, the more you make me laugh.

4. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Are you old enough to read Strunk & White's?

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

So, to sum up Ryan's message: "I love me. It's a shame more writers aren't like me."

He's a good guy, but you'd never know it from that interview. Unbelievably egotistical.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jake? Jake Ryan?! Jake's my boy! [/Anthony Michael Hall]

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If you've met him, you know that is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I used to see him on the NBA circuit quite a bit in his pre-ESPN, multi-media days. I was about umpteen rungs down the ladder from him in terms of visibility and everything else, but he was always very much a gentleman and extremely approachable when he didn't have to be.

Now I see him only 2-3 times a year, but he always makes a point of shooting the breeze for awhile and catching up. He doesn't have to do that, either. Only problem I've got with him is that, from outward appearances, he seems to be pretty tight with Lupica.

Draft saved Draft deleted