1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan or Mcfadden ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Who would your draft ?

1. Matt Ryan

24.1%
  2. Darren Mcfadden

75.9%
  1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

McFadden, given his build, is at least as big a crapshoot as Ryan.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Who was the last offensive game-breaker the Jets drafted? Namath?

It doesn't make sense for the Jets to not draft McFadden if he's available at six.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Freeman Mcneil / Al Toon / Keyshawn Johnson

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Really? Keyshawn? To me, he was an overhyped possession receiver. McNeil and Toon were great players for the Jets. Obviously, Toon's career was cut short due to suffering countless concussions on the green-painted-cement at Giants Stadium.

I think Toon was underrated because the Jets passed on Jerry Rice for him. It'd be interesting to see how history would have differed if the Jets selected Rice and Marino.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Three pages in and nobody's pointed out that it's the Jets, whoever they pick will be the wrong guy.

That said, I'd take McFadden.

6. beerme19

beerme19 New Member

Mcfadden over Ryan. Mcfadden is a playmaker that can make plays for you right away. I'm not quite sold on Ryan. He did throw 19 picks last year.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Build your offensive and defensive lines. I would never use a top pick on a QB or a RB.

The best running backs or quarterbacks will never be half the player they could be unless someone can block for them.

A great offensive line will allow a running back with blown up feet (Bleier) to run for 1,000 yards, or just ask the Patriots how a game plan can fall apart if you cannot block the other team's down linemen.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agree but that was not the question. Besides the Jets just signed the best offensive lineman in the NFL as a free agent.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then they should take McFadden and hire a team of people to watch him 24/7 so he does not make it rain too often at some of the NY clubs.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

When the hell do the Jets pay the salary-cap piper for what they have been doing the past couple months?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm just inspired to post this right now.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Keyshawn was a top 5 receiver in the NFL while on the Jets.

As for McFadden, I'd rather my Jets select Mendenhall from Illinios.

I believe by the end of their careers, Mendenhall will be the one who'll be there for the long haul because of the ways he's built and his running style.

Draft saved Draft deleted