1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Leaf: Not exactly a brain surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Nov 5, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fixed:

Topic: Ryan Leaf: Not exactly a brain surgeon a quarterbacks coach at West Texas A&M.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Seldom do I enjoy reading story comments by readers ... this time, however, they're pretty funny.

4. jps

jps Active Member

Sounds like Mr. Leaf may need some of that bonus he's got stashed away ...

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/110608/new_news3.shtml

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The reason the Yahoo guy is an idiot, though, is if I'm a football player at West Texas A&M, you better believe I'm listening to Ryan Leaf, who was an amazing college quarterback. And even though he was a bust in the NFL, he still played in the NFL, unlike many of the players at West Texas A&M.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Except that Ryan was an amazing college QB only because of amazing god given physical gifts--namely being 6'6", 240, with a staggeringly strong arm--that can't be taught. He can't help the West Texas kids have that, and he failed miserably at the parts of being a QB that can be taught.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have no idea what caliber of coach he is, but I would like to point out that the QB he was coaching has been kicking serious ass for a nationally ranked 9-1 team. It would appear someone is listening to someone somewhere along the line.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Probably a safe bet.

9. jps

jps Active Member

he doesn't have a lot to do with that ... they were doing that before he got there. it's a texas tech air raid system, so they're gonna just throw all day long every saturday.

oh, and there's been an update -- seems he's under investigation by police and has resigned.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/110608/new_news3.shtml

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But, but ... I thought he cleaned up his act?

Draft saved Draft deleted