1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Leaf: Not exactly a brain surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Nov 5, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is a d_b but I searched and didn't see it --- apparently Ryan Leaf is still winning friends and influencing people.

This dude is just not very bright....

Raise your hand if you were a GM that said you'd rather have this Foof than Peyton Manning.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-bust-Ryan-Leaf-placed-on-leave-from-college-?urn=nfl,119970

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm not sure anything truer than the title of this thread has ever been spoken ...

3. People of all political beliefs can agree on that one, Zag.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Anytime the coach critiques a player, the kid must be thinking, "Dude, you're Ryan Leaf. What can you tell me about quarterbacking? I was at that game when you went 11-26 with two picks and threw a pass that hit your center in the thigh. And you're telling me to 'keep my wits under pressure.' Just like you did when you flipped out on that reporter, right?"

Ha!

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ryan Leaf was the golf coach?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who knew he could suck worse at any other sport?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh yea, that's about all he did in between the Chargers and West Texas when he lived in Montana.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How did this story get out? Did the player call him out?

9. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Brain surgeon? I wouldn't compare Ryan Leaf's mental capabilities with a fungo out of respect for the fungo.

Never met the dude, but everything I've heard about him makes me believe crickets chirp between his ears.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Leaf was a spectacular college quarterback, and apparently was very smart with his NFL money.

He is, however, a trainwreck of a human being.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If the stories I've heard are true, he's still got the majority of his signing bonus socked away somewhere, even after a divorce and not working for several years.

I don't know how much of a train wreck his life is, but he did drink -- a lot --when he came back to Montana after flaming out.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Love the close:

If the incident is true, it's not too surprising. After all, Ryan Leaf never was very good at trying to score.

Draft saved Draft deleted