1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun's statement just released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Aug 22, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

During the latter part of the 2011 season, I was dealing with a nagging injury and I turned to products for a short period of time that I shouldn't have used.

Yeah. Sure.

3. old_tony

I actually posted this before reading it.

I think he does a pretty good job of addressing most issues. However, I think he needs to be more specific about the cream and the lozenge. What exactly were they? Why did he think they were OK to use?

He apologizes to Dino Laurenzi. I suppose a lot won't think that's enough of an apology.

Also, if what he says is true, why did he agree to more than a 50-game suspension?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Where is your proof that he is lying?

Where is your proof?!

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE!

IS!

YOUR!

PROOF!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5. old_tony

I think his answer to that is his 2012 season. You don't think he was being tested? And you can bet he was being tested a lot.

I do think, however, he should be more specific about the injury.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He only used it a short time? Usually guys only took it once. JUST ONE TIME.

That excuse is beyond cliched. Every player who has ever been busted used stuff just one time. So points for creativity, but unless short amount of time is the whole season, or multiple seasons, I don't buy it.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why would he have been tested any more in 2012 than any random player?

The drug he got caught with was a fast-acting synthetic testosterone, one that leaves the body pretty quickly. There is no reason he couldn't have been on that in 2012 too. Especially since he had no first strike.

Strange that the one time he needed something, the person he turned to was someone who was in Miami when he was at The U. You'd think he would have found something more convenient to his locale.

Anyway, it is going to be a joy in a few years watching him make $19 million, or a million per home run.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ah, who gives a fuck? These PED apologies have been going on for decades now.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, it was at the end of the season, to deal with a nagging injury.

Yet, he somehow knew right where to go to get illegal stuff in the form of a cream and a lozenge.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did Ragu write that?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like Pete Rose: Presume every single thing he says is a lie.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Still a lying piece of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted