1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun now linked to Miami PED clinic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Re: Miami New Times: A-Rod, Melky, Gio Gonzalez, others linked to PED clinic

I know.

But it would be so awesome beyond words.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Gio is the first to deny it:

"I've never used performance-enhancing drugs of any kind, and I never will. I've never met or spoken with Tony Bosch or used any substances provided by him. Anything said to the contrary is a lie."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/nationals-watch/2013/jan/29/gio-gonzalez-among-several-big-name-players-linked/#ixzz2JNtcHD3i

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/03/human-grown-hormone-hollywood-201203

Not many Hollywood types copping to it publicly, though Stallone has.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I always got a huge kick out of the fact that Henry Waxman was leading the charge against PEDs in sports a few years ago while representing this district:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I realize this is an MLB story but that last name in the third graf is not a good thing for the U.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He's a pitcher, not very old (27, I believe) ... and, according to his dad, "clean as apple pie."

Mmmm ... apple pie. Tough to lose weight when you're thinking about that all the time ... :)

7. cranberry

A-Rod, through his lawyers, says the notebook is cooked:

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Maybe why all the former Canes train in Coral Gables in the offseason.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Remind me again about how dirty pro cycling is?

10. cranberry

Probably the dirtiest sport in the history of the world, why?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess I need to stop being shocked by media and fans that are shocked by the use of PED'S. You'd think people would have learned by now.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh hell, even Ueberroth said in the 80s that drugs were over in baseball.

I think the biggest surprise is this doesn't surprise me anymore ... unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.