1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun - NL MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

haven't seen the full balloting yet, but he got twice as many first-place votes as Kemp.

Morse finished 19th. If only he walked more.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

All I saw so far was Fielder finished 3rd and Braun had 20 1st place votes to Kemp's 10.

3. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Voting breakdown is on the front page of the BBWAA website. And I'd sure like to know who gave Justin Upton a first-place vote.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=381048

5. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Interesting to see who all gets MVP votes, even if they're lower-place votes. Miguel Montero got MVP votes, for goodness sakes.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What a fucking joke. The NL voters ought to be ashamed of themselves. Speaking as a BBWAA life member, there may be some microchip in the membership cards that's giving off harmful radiation.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just Google "Arizona Republic Diamondbacks writer". I'll bet on that person.

Ryan Braun won the MVP because he has better teammates than Matt Kemp. They were equal in everything else.

8. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Verlander should have won. He was 3-0 with 0.75 ERA, 25 Ks, 3 BBs, 15 H in 24 IPs against NL.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have done it, but I can understand the Upton vote. They won the division, and who was their 2nd best player?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Since Kemp was the league leader in several offensive categories, he could not by definition be "equal" to Braun or any other NL player in "everything else."

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

So is the upshot here that enough voters decided that there was no way that they could vote for Los Angeles Dodgers for the Cy Young AND MVP - both because they were a .500 team and because of all the off-the-field headaches - and went with Braun to split things up? I didn't know that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association handled MVP voting along with the Golden Globes.

12. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Justin Upton was. Ian Kennedy was their best player.

Draft saved Draft deleted