1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Braun fails PED test. Faces 50-game suspension.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Synthetic. Mine are all real.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Give teams the ability to void the player's contract if suspended.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your delusions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm not even a Brewers fan, and I think you're being an ass.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why? You don't think the vote would have turned out differently if the voters knew he was using -- or if he hadn't used?

The guy's 28-years-old, the reigning MVP, and he's probably just ruined his chances to ever be in the Hall of fame.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"A source close to Braun said that when he was told about the positive test, he immediately requested to be tested again. That second test, the source said, was not positive. Those close to Braun believe that the difference between the two tests will show that the first test was invalid."

Braun's people sound pretty confident the first test was bupkus.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Diana Taurasi is the only person I can think of off the top of my head who ended up being vindicated in this kind of situation.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not going to even pretend to have objectivity on this. I'll just wait to see how the appeal plays out. Seems fishy to me, there's not much, if any, circumstantial evidence about him juicing to this point in his career, but who knows?

If he did it without his own knowledge, by no means an excuse not to suspend him, I'll chalk it up as an unintended fuck-up on his part and will hope the Brewers can patch it together for 50 games. Overturning these things is damn near impossible even if the appeal process shows he didn't intentionally take it, so I'd think a successful appeal is very remote.

If he did it and knew he was doing it, he deserves whatever scorn he gets.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

That won't happen. But this isn't surprising at all. Nothing surprises me when it comes to this stuff. Deflating as a Brewer fan though. The 50-game suspension is small beans compared to the big picture.

Haudricourt says he has been told by someone close to the situation that he's assured Braun will be cleared. I find that very hard to believe.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They never intended to take it.

How do you not intend to take steroids? Is there some reasonable manner in which players do not intend to take steroids that the general public is unaware of. Other than a "contaminated supplement"?

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'll just add one thing though. Posting of a picture of his abs does not prove he is using any kind of steroid. There are millions of people who look just like that and who have never touched steroids. At this level of competition and the type of training and diet he probably puts himself through, it's not that shocking he would look like that.

The " OMG look at this foto he's totes on steroidz!!" thing needs to stop.

12. Diana Taurasi had elevated testosterone levels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.