1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore engaged!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Slydell, Feb 12, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Plus, you have to cut the sleeves off at least half your t-shirts.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks. I look forward to explaining to my wife that I'm not into cutting myself, I just forgot to take off my shirts before I tried cutting off the sleeves.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm a big Ryan Adams fan, but this disappoints me and fails to surprise me. I am not, however, a big Mandy Moore fan. In fact I loathe her. I am not surprised he would be involved in a relationship as seemingly mismatched as this one.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wow. I didn't know Mandy Moore had a drug problem.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't like Heartbreaker at all. Really liked Gold, Demolition was ok, but after that, there was so much more miss than hit I haven't bought another of his albums (or downloaded one) since.

Really like this performance:

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm pretty sure he recorded another album while waiting for Mandy to say yes.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Demolition wasn't really an album proper - just a collection of outtakes. I never bought the Heartbreaker hype as much as some, although "Oh My Sweet Carolina" and "My Winding Wheel" are fantastic songs. Here's how I'd rank his albums (not including Cardinology because I just got it):

1. Gold (highest number of fuckin' awesome songs)
    2. Cold Roses (the not-so-closet Deadhead in me coming out)
    3. Easy Tiger
    4. Jacksonville City Nights
    5. Heartbreaker
    6. Demolition
    7. 29
    no number low enough: Rock N Roll

Check out the song "Karina" which you can find on Bittorrent on the unreleased album "48 Hours". Just a fantastic tune.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

mandy moore has cankles.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is Rock N Roll crap because it's not typical Ryan Adams? Or because it's simply a bad album?

Personally, while nowhere close to being my favorite, it's not terrible.

11. Big Circus

Perhaps I was a bit harsh. Having said that, the only song on the album I don't skip when it comes up on my iPod is "Burning Photographs".

12. Big Circus

Not to bump this back up, but this thread made me go back and listen to a lot of Adams over the past few days (never a bad thing). Here's how I'd rerank at this point - as you can see, I made some big changes:

1. Jacksonville City Nights
    2. Gold
    3. Cold Roses
    4. Cardinology
    5. Easy Tiger
    6. Heartbreaker
    7. 29
    8. Demolition
    9. Love Is Hell (forgot to include this one at first)
    10. Rock N Roll

Rock N Roll does have some good songs - the aforementioned "Burning Photographs" is great, and "Shallow", "1974" and "Anybody Wanna Take Me Home" are pretty good too. But I just don't like the hard rockin' Adams. For me, the best evidence of this is the Cardinals version of "This Is It" from the "Follow the Lights" EP. It's a more standard Adams arrangement, and it just works a whole lot better. The countryish sound is what he does best in my mind, as you can see from my re-ranking of JCN.

Draft saved Draft deleted