1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rutgers football assistant in trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't know the dude but I don't suspect this will end well:

LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) — Rutgers top assistant football coach Chris Demarest was charged with assault after an altercation in a bar at the Jersey shore.
    Demarest was arrested early Saturday after police responded to a call at The Avenue, Sgt. Mike McGlennon said Tuesday.
    The name of the alleged victim has not been released, but McGlennon confirmed published reports that it was a woman who was in a relationship with Demarest.
    Demarest, 42, is free on bail of $2,500. He’ll be required to appear in municipal court, but a date had not been set, McGlennon said.
    Demarest has been the defensive secondary coach at Rutgers for three years. In March, he was promoted to assistant head coach. Before coming to Rutgers, he was defensive backs coach at North Carolina State from 2000-2003 and a graduate assistant at Florida State from 1998-99.
    Demarest did not return a phone message left at his office Tuesday.
    Coach Greg Schiano wouldn’t comment on Demarest’s arrest during Big East media day in Rhode Island, saying he had just learned about the situation and had to gather more information.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

One of Chuck the Chest's former assistants behaving badly, allegedly.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And, just for you OD, I made the thread title very clear! ))):0>

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Very nice. :)

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I've had the pleasure of meeting Coach Dema a few times. I'm surprised about this because he's really been trying to position himself to shop for a head coaching job. He's a major part of Rutgers' resurgance and probably one of the best 10-15 recruiters in the nation. It'll be interesting to see how Schiano handles this.

6. Coach Dema?

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

::)

Usually it was just a few of the players ...

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

No mention of a wife in his official bio, but has two kids.

9. He likes it when I call him that.

Draft saved Draft deleted