1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rusty Hampton

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rusty's a pro. I wish him well in his new endeavor.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

We had a guy who won a Pulitzer for editorial writing.

Within a year, he was doing PR for a major state association.

They rae dropping all over the place.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

A pro's pro. All the best.

-30-

RB

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A career change is attractive simply because of the downward trend of the newspaper industry as a whole. Until an industry-changing shift/innovation comes along, it isn't going to get any easier from here no matter who you are or what position you hold in the business.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Worrying about losing your job and knowing you have no control over it can change you... I have no idea if that was the case with Rusty. I think we're way past the point where anyone is surprised when someone gets out of the business.

I would have happily been a lifer. Surviving a few rounds of layoffs and spending every day wondering if that was the day the call was going to come changed that... It was at the point where I was almost relieved when it was my turn to go.

I am very happy for Rusty. Sad for the business, but happy for him. There aren't many sports editors who I can say, "I've never heard a bad thing about them..." I've definitely never heard anything even remotely resembling a bad thing about Rusty.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have. He picks his nose if he has a boogie. LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted