1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russell Westbrook for NBA MVP?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Mar 6, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Davis: 24.5, 10.3, 1.8 (but 2.8 blocks), 54.5/11/83 31.52 PER, 0 triple doubles.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It's been a while since there's been a better top four in a single season, with all four players in their primes.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Probably since the early 2000s, with Duncan, Garnett, Shaq, Kobe, Iverson, Kidd, etc.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Absolute stud, too. He'll get votes for sure.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tangent: I hope the Lakers go after DeAndre Jordan hard this summer. Unrestricted. Can the Clippers afford him with Paul and Griffin?

Going to be another case of the Thunder not being able to afford that 3rd star?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I think the single most impressive number on there is Westbrook's 7.1 rebounds per game--from the POINT GUARD position--and while also putting up over 27 ppg and 8.3 apg. Simply incredible.

You know it's been quite a season when a guy can do that and still not be considered the MVP frontrunner.

7. JackReacher

Yeah. Unless he cools off considerably or gets hurt again, he'd be my choice. But I don't have a vote, obviously, so whatever. I wouldn't really debate any of those guys. All are worthy.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

In such a close race, the fact that Westbrook missed 14 games and LeBron missing 11 could be the deciding factor.

Curry and Harden have only missed one each - and Harden's was a suspension for kicking LeBron in the dick.

I'd still vote Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook, in that order.

9. JackReacher

Yeah. The missed games will probably hurt Westbrook and Davis. I think Davis has played in like 3-4 fewer games than Westbrook.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If you kick LeBron in the dick, you get the MVP award.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook, Davis.

I don't think I could argue against any one of them. There will be no "wrong" pick this season.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

See, you questioned LeBron. You just needed to be ready for the backlash.

You must be old enough to remember when a great player comes into the league and his franchise builds a team around him. Then this franchise goes on to dominate the NBA for a few years. Magic... Bird... Jordan... Thomas... Kobe... Duncan...

Shaq and James are the pinballs.

Draft saved Draft deleted