1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russell Westbrook for NBA MVP?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't really think too much about made% and such -- statistical rabbit holes get rather boring the deeper you dig.

I'm fine with either guy. The voice in my belly is whispering Harden right now.

2. Songbird

But I do appreciate that Korver is close to becoming just the second (?) guy ever to go 50-50-90 percentage-wise from the field, 3's, and foul line.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You don't care what percentage of shots a player makes?

4. Songbird

If it's close to an historic mark, sure, but he's only .484 from the field and *just* .413 from 3's -- nice number from beyond the arc but he's no Korver.

Just looked: Korver is down to .496. Still.

Also just looked at Harden from 3: .379. Curry is 11th in percentage, Harden 35th, but are we really going that deep down the hole to differentiate?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

pct made is a huge stat. Most NBA player can score big numbers if they shoot enough.

6. Songbird

You're right about that.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I haven't watched nearly as much NBA as I had planned or wanted this season, for various reasons. But I'm making a point to watch as much of the playoffs as humanly possible. So much fun to watch some of these players.

8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

If Westbrook keeps up this 40 pt, triple-double tear he's been on for these last 20 games, he'll win. Voters remember the end of the season more than the beginning, which partially removes his missed games from the equation. But really, can anyone maintain 40-10-10 for that long?

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Durant didn't leave his fans behind in search of an All-Star team to latch onto so he could win some titles.

Not yet, anyway.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with your original point. LeBron also dragged a bunch of scrubs to the NBA final. I would say that is making teammates better.

Songbird likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

--- Every free agent "leaves his fans behind" . . . and makes new ones.

--- And what does that have to do with whether he's making his teammates better? Durant in 2011 arguably had as good or better teammates than LeBron had in Miami. Yet he could not make them "better" enough to win more than one game in the Finals.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

They werent yet mvp candidates. They were good, but not like they are now. It just shows how much the Thunder erred letting Harden go over $6 million. They may be working toward a 3-peat by now had they not done that.

Draft saved Draft deleted