1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russ Grimm: The one, true Steelers head coach -- well, maybe not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DyePack, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Sean_94

Sean_94 Member

I love how every discussion of the Pgh. Trib turns into some nutty assumption that, since Richard Scaife owns the paper, everyone who works there is right-wing, too.
    That is HARDLY the case. ::)

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That's called denial. But quite a few people saw it word-for-word. Too late, sucka.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well done, Tribune. Just another reason I will always read the Post-Gazette.

4. Agitator

Agitator New Member

Just most of them? Everyone on the editorial board sure is.
    Last night on the Action Sports Stupid Fest, or whatever WTAE calls their show, they had Gorman from the Trib claiming the Steelers offered Grimm the job, then rescinded the offer. He said maybe they were trying to play Tomlin and Grimm off each other to drive their prices down. Everyone else on the panel delicately told him he was full of shit. Way to try to cover your co-workers ass, and conversely make yourself look really dumb in the process.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Gorman should not have even been on that show under those circumstances. Put Prisuta out there, or at least somebody more experienced like Starkey or DiPaola, or don't go at all. I wonder if he was told to try to do spin control or came up with that on his own.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

And the Steelers need to go publicly after the Trib for this irresponsible spin.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wonder if they will say something at the press conference today. By the way, it is on the Steelers website that they will be announcing Tomlin as the new coach at 3:30 p.m. today.

You just know somebody from one of the other papers is going to bring it up. You have to do it. This idea that they made an offer to Grimm, he accepted and then the pulled it? Sorry, not buying it and no way the Steelers should let it stand.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. That's simply not how the Rooneys conduct business.

p.s. I liked this tidbit from Peter King's column today.

Age when Chuck Noll took the Steelers job in 1969: 37.

Age when Bill Cowher took the Steelers job in 1992: 34.

Age when Mike Tomlin takes the Steeler job in 2007: 34.

Draft saved Draft deleted