1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rushin out at SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by leon_hollhandle, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I didn't watch Friends much in its first run, but my wife is a Friends fanatic, which means we wind up watching reruns while we eat dinner. I've been married 5 years, so I've seen most all of them by now. And I have to say they're very sharply written. Not Seinfeld or Simpsons sharp, but sharp, witty writing regardless.

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Yada, yada, yada.

3. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

this thread went to shit in a hurry ...

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes, indeedy, as we wait to find out where Rushin resurfaces . . .

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I didn't think that the 3rd lead needed to be so broad and one dimensional. It was a funny and witty show, and I felt that the broad physical comedy consistently took away from the show. Too much time was wasted on him and then they kept on feeding the unfunny beast. I also think that Wayne Knight did so much more than Michael Richards in a quarter of the screen time.

6. Jam3131

Jam3131 Member

Sorry to those who threadjacked this topic - but back to the original point...

Any update on Rushin?

7. Last time I checked he's eating pizza at Sbarro's. Check back later. I think he's going to the movies.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I saw him at the flower shop. He either really screwed up, or he's getting some tonight.

9. Who's getting the job?

Oh wait.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did you say, "Steve, why the long face?"

I kid, I kid.

I always loved Rushin's column, and hope he lands a great gig, or, even better, writes a sequel to Road Swing.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah the "target audience." That show really never did catch on outside of Jews from NYC.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Okay, so I made it up. We all have seen the wild swings these threads take.

Draft saved Draft deleted