1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush on tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Apr 21, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK, I peeked at the Kansas City setlist. Looks pretty good! An old favorite from Power Windows, "Marathon," and the entire side two of Moving Pictures would be great to hear live.

Very tempting to book "a passage to Seattle" for their August show ...

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was there the day before, so that makes sense. I'd never seen the installation -- looked like two homeless guys with a trowel!

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Nothing wrong with that, Bob.

I've taken my son to see Queen and Paul Rodgers at the Pond in Anaheim. It was the first concert he ever saw and I managed to get floor seats. We also road-tripped to Vegas two years ago on an overnight to see the Dropkick Murphys poolside at the Hard Rock. We're planning to do that again this summer.

That said, it is KILLING me that as of now, I'm not seeing Rush this time out. They're playing SoCal when I'm in Wisconsin and Minnesota for work. I'm trying to figure something out, but as of now, it's not happening.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Please adopt me.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As if Rush being featured in Rolling Stone isn't weird enough, here's a headline from ESPN.com:

"A Farewell to King: LeBron mural taken down"

Look out, Rush haters. We're everywhere! :D

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As some of you might know from another thread, my son and I didn't get to see the show because it was rained out. However, we had a Rush-tastic preshow.

Things we talked about in the minivan on the way there: the Wired magazine he was reading, Monty Python, video games

Things we did not talk about in the minivan on the way there: girls

8. Piotr Rasputin

Rescheduled, Bob:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004490B97F4A22?artistid=807344&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You know, Rush fans = nerds?

Aw, forget it.

Piotr -- thanks for the link. A nice back-to-school special!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Everyone guy wants a son who reminds of himself at a certain age...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Faithless

Faithless Member

It's nice to know that I made the tour set list.

I'm still waiting on LiveNation to mail my tickets to the Atlanta show. It will be Rush concert No. 6 for me; the first one was during the MP tour of '81.

12. Taking your 13-year old sun to Rush =
    [​IMG]

I really want to see them in September.

Draft saved Draft deleted