1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush on tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Though they came to San Antonio AND Austin, I missed the tour last year.
    I want to go to the show this time, since they will be here in November.

Also coming here, this summer, are the Dukes of September (B. Scaggs, D. Fagan and M. McDonald) so I plan to check that out, too.

Also (and I'm honestly not trying to threadjack) my wife has gotten us $125 tix to see Scorpions on June 26th here. The seats better be spectacular.

Carry on.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Yikes! I'd pay maybe $25 to see Scorpions, but $125? They better play the Zoo for you.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

How many times can you get "Rock You Like A Hurricane" at that price? Shoot, go to a hockey game someplace - I forget where - and you can get that on command.

Kidding ... sounds like fun. Still hammering on "Clockwork Angels" here ...

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yeah, I'm not this huge Scorpions fan and I'm not sure she is, either.
    She's nearly 8 months pregnant with twin boys so I'm not going to argue with her about much of anything these days.
    I mean, she's got zero interest in that Dukes of September show but I think she'd enjoy the hell out of it.
    She'd enjoy Rush, too, I think. I saw them 3 times in the 90s and they are fantastic, to me.
    I've said it here before, I hate that I didn't go see Genesis or Police when they toured in recent years. I don't want to pass up on this next Rush show.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Received Clockwork Angels as a Father's Day gift and gave it a first listen today ...

I like what I've heard so far. "Seven Cities of Gold" jumped out as a standout track.

And yeah, nice touch with the "21:12" time on the cover.

May have to try and see the boys in Seattle this fall ...

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

First post on SportsJournalists.com in nearly 2 years and it's to talk about Rush, a band I've followed for 28 years. Clockwork Angels as a whole is something I will be sinking into for the next few weeks. I am happy with the harder edge sound on this record. I also think there are some songs that hooked me as potential instrumental material, then Geddy sang and I had to accept it.
    Already have a least favorite song: Wish Them Well. Digging The Wreckers and The Garden as well as the 2 songs they released on the last tour.
    If they were to do another tour with one full album done, the only acceptable one for me is 2112. However, I do hope that because they've now played it on their last tour that The Camera Eye and Vital Signs can be performed again live. It won't though because some people (not me) need Tom Sawyer.

Draft saved Draft deleted