1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh taken to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was outstanding. Just had to be noted before the inevitable lock.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Uh... OK, Louis Braille Jr.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I just want to post here so this shows up in my updated topics. Carry on.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I don't wish Rush ill... Maybe a little near-death experience will help him learn not to be such a douchebag, however ...

5. Bodie_Broadus

Man, I would love to live in your world. Just for one day.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I forget. Why can't you vote again?

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

You seriously think a guy who puts out a song called "Barack the Magic Negro" and calls a Supreme Court nominee a racist isn't being deliberately divisive? Come on, YF. Be honest.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I can't wish anyone dead.

However a slight slip around the vocal chords.....

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Will he blame Obama?

10. Bodie_Broadus

You believed that stuff I posted, look up the character behind my name.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I have listened to him, and I've read lots, both by him and about him.

I can't say I don't share some of his beliefs, but I hate the way he presents them in, and I'm sorry if you disagree with this, such a deliberately divisive manner.

He's a hateful, spiteful person and, while I acknowledge I went too far in saying I hope he dies, the world would certainly be better off if attitudes like his did not have such a widespread influence.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I really think you need to listen to the show to understand Rush's sense of humor and the context of the remarks -- at least the "Magic Negro" comments.

He was making fun of this article: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story

It was a spoof. A parody. It was funny.

Was he trying to stir up a little shit on the left? Sure. He was trying to have some fun at their expense & point out the hypocrisy on the left at the same time.

As for calling Sotomayor a racist, well I don't agree with the statement, but I could understand why someone would reach the conclusion.

Her "wise Latina" comments were dumb at best, and racist at worst. When you consider that she repeated them numerous times -- they were in her "stump speech" -- you can't just write it off as a "poor choice or words".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.